WHERE TO GET FREE MOVING BOXES?
The city or town you live in should be able to offer you a number of good places to get free moving boxes. All you have to do is take a closer look.
Large supermarkets or big grocery stores get deliveries on a daily basis. So they are probably your best chance of getting free moving boxes in good conditions. Get in contact with a few big supermarkets in your area and see if they have moving boxes to give away. If yes, ask their availability for the pick-up time.
- If your boxes are not dry enough, they will have a number of weak spots. That will lead to serious Moving day safety concerns.
However, there are a couple of somewhat hidden risks as well when you choose to find free moving boxes or to get cheap moving boxes.
- Lost time: Your mission to find cheap or free moving boxes may be successful in the end. But how much time did you lose in the process? Don’t forget to factor in the hours or days you’ve spent. Because the time factor is one of the most important ones during a residential move. If you manage to save money by collecting free moving boxes but lose 2 entire days (or more!) during that hunt, then maybe you didn’t save much in the end, did you?
- Extra expenses. Driving around your neighborhood or city, or visiting various businesses in your area in search of free cardboard boxes will not only cost you time, but it will incur extra costs as well, like gas money.
- Home electronics stores: The boxes you can find in such electronics stores are almost always clean. Simply because they have been used for transportation of electronic devices. Some of these containers can be too big, but hey, that’s okay. You can always cut them up and use the cardboard itself for various protective purposes.
- Bookstores: Again, the containers you will find there are as clean as they can get. Also, cartons for transportation of books are usually stronger. They should come very handy for your collection of books or for some other heavier things in your home.
- Liquor stores: Specialized liquor stores usually have stronger boxes designed to withstand the extra weight of glass bottles. Some of the containers will be plastic, and that’s even perfect.
- Recycling centers: Well, most cardboard boxes end up right there in various recycling centers. The good news is that not all containers that go there are in bad shape. So, if there’s a recycling center in your vicinity, plan a quick visit there first. It may save you loads of time and efforts. Just remember to be fairly picky about the condition of the boxes you agree to take home with you.
or Call: (626) 600-4459
What Our Customers Say
“Everything was priced the way we spoke about & reasonable. I plan on calling them again whenever I need to move next. They made a stressful thing, not so stressful.” Lauren O. Yelp! Customer
“Made my move so easy!!!! Very professional. Showed up on time. Offered to help on things even after I said I would take them on my own. Very friendly and worked very quickly.” Chris S. Yelp! Customer
“I called at 3 pm for same day moving and they were able to accommodate my last minute moving crisis! Seymur & Omer were very sweet and helped get my bedroom into my new house very quickly!” Amanda H. Yelp! Customer