Packing are often overwhelming, particularly if live in your home for more than 3 years. It’s very difficult, emotionally and physically, task to put all your items into boxes. Moving Company Los Angeles offers professional packing services before your move.
However, if you decided to pack everything by yourself, we gathered best advises from our packer and movers for your convenience. Check out our team members tips, then get your boxes packed.
- Open up all of the doors and drawers to make sure that you have gotten everything. After packing all of the items, close them to signal that you have done with this particular area.
- Don’t mix items from different rooms into the same box.
- Use wardrobe boxes to hang your clothes. It’s the easiest way to pack your closet. Put your drawers in suitcases.
- Put papers between dishes and stack them always upwards when packing. Don’t use newspaper to pack china, if you don’t want the ink stain your dishes.
- Kitchen takes the longest time to pack. You need to wrap every single items separately. So, save time for the kitchen.
- It’s better to pack all electronic equipment like a TV or stereos in their original boxes. If you already dumped them, use bubble-wrap to protect your items.
- Label your boxes. If something came from your master bedroom, but you want it to go in the garage, make sure you label “garage” on the box.
- It’s not recommended to pack your items in used boxes. You never know how weak they are.
- Stack all boxes with fragile items in on top.
- For your books use only small size boxes. They get heavy very fast. Otherwise it will waste your time and energy to move them.
- If you need anything right away at your new place, ask your movers to load them last. So you can unload them first.
- Place your personal items (jewelry, medication, cable boxes) separately. Ask movers not to pack them.
- Put all details of disassembled furniture together and tape them on main base.
What Our Customers Say
“Everything was priced the way we spoke about & reasonable. I plan on calling them again whenever I need to move next. They made a stressful thing, not so stressful.” Lauren O. Yelp! Customer
“Made my move so easy!!!! Very professional. Showed up on time. Offered to help on things even after I said I would take them on my own. Very friendly and worked very quickly.” Chris S. Yelp! Customer
“I called at 3 pm for same day moving and they were able to accommodate my last minute moving crisis! Seymur & Omer were very sweet and helped get my bedroom into my new house very quickly!” Amanda H. Yelp! Customer