or Call: (626) 600-4459
FIND A MOVING COMPANY
Planning to move to a different place involves a lot of things, but one of the most important is hiring a moving company. To find a moving company which will meet your requirement is not that easy. You can’t hire a random moving company and expect things to be perfect. However, if you want to have great moving experience, you need focus on several details when you are about to hire movers. You can find tons of moving companies near you, and only few of them will provide very good moving services. In order to achieve a stress-free moving experience, our team came up with detailed tips for you to hire the right moving company.
BEGIN YOUR RESEARCH EARLY:
- See our moving checklist to achieve perfect moving preparation timing. You need to plan things well ahead of the move. If you’re moving next week, you need already be decided about the moving company.
REVIEWS, REVIEWS AND REVIEWS:
Reviews are one of the most important and key factor while choosing and eventually hiring the right moving company. A company’s reputation is built on reviews and the more positive, the more reliable and professional. Read online reviews, feedback to facilitate your decision making process with a moving company.
Bonus: Make sure that the moving company you want to hire is licensed. Check their license by visiting the Department of Transportation’s website.
REQUEST A PRICE QUOTES:
Reputable moving companies are not cheap, and they don’t have extra hidden fees. Licensed and insured moving companies offer their services at affordable prices. And their moving rates are reasonable. Discuss your moving requirements with them and ask for price quotes.
- Make sure that particular moving company does not has any extra moving fees. Do they charge for extra large items like piano or pool table, or even gun safe. Each company has different regulations, so do not forget to ask them about detailed information.
- Good moving companies will accept all payment methods. If company accepts only cash, most probably they are scammers or you will have hard times during relocation.
- Deposit? Off course. Reputable moving companies require a deposit to reserve a spot for your move. Usually, your deposit is non-refundable, however it will go towards your balance.
- All moving companies are allowed to charge their customers the fee called Double Drive Time. Ask them. You can read a blog post about Double Drive Time.
- What about cancellation? After hiring moving company, if you have unexpected schedule changes and you want to reschedule the service, you should do it until a few days before your move.
TRUST YOUR MOVERS:
After doing all the above-mentioned things, you might still have a few good moving companies in your mind. Now, you can’t do much other than following your gut feeling.
- Make sure that movers you plan to hire are permanent employees of the company. Try to avoid moving companies with temporary movers.
- Good moving companies will carry Mover’s Compensation for employees. Everything may happen.
In addition, moving companies with good reputation will ask you about the time window of when you can expect your movers to arrive. And never pay for a quote. Good moving companies provide free moving quote, even free on-site estimate depending on your communication with the company.
What Our Customers Say
“Everything was priced the way we spoke about & reasonable. I plan on calling them again whenever I need to move next. They made a stressful thing, not so stressful.” Lauren O. Yelp! Customer
“Made my move so easy!!!! Very professional. Showed up on time. Offered to help on things even after I said I would take them on my own. Very friendly and worked very quickly.” Chris S. Yelp! Customer
“I called at 3 pm for same day moving and they were able to accommodate my last minute moving crisis! Seymur & Omer were very sweet and helped get my bedroom into my new house very quickly!” Amanda H. Yelp! Customer